Your 2019 Marketing Strategy – Key Areas to Focus On
2019 is fast approaching, and if you haven’t already, it’s time to start thinking about your online marketing strategy.
A professional strategist can be invaluable in this process. In the meantime, here are some key aspects to consider.
Key Marketing Focus for 2019
· Mobile site. The era of the desktop is dying out. In its place? Mobile devices, such as tablets and smartphones. It’s vital that your site is fully responsive on all mobile devices, and if it’s not, you need to address this issue quickly. Just as important, your website should work well on a smartphone. In short, it should be just as user-friendly and attractive on a small screen as a large one.
· Data. In 2018, we saw a dramatic shift towards data-driven marketing. More businesses are using analytical tools to gather consumer data, then using this information to tailor their marketing strategy accordingly. If you’re not already using analytics to learn more about your customers, now is the time to get started.
· Getting social. Social media looks set to play an even bigger role in marketing than ever before. If you’re a SME, it is possible to manage your own social media activity, but be warned, it’s time-consuming. It’s also easy to get it wrong if you don’t know what you’re doing. Consider whether it’s more beneficial to hire a social media expert to help you. Likewise, running ad campaigns on sites such as Facebook may yield good results.
· Video marketing. Humans respond far more to visual content than any other. This is particularly the case when it’s video! Explore your options in terms of video marketing. It may seem like a big expense, but remember, videos can be repurposed and used in a variety of different marketing materials, such as social media, email campaigns, landing pages and newsletters.
· Location-based. GPS-based SEO is now overtaking keywords, because so many people conduct searches on their mobile phones. Explore your options in terms of location-specific advertising; especially if you’re a business that relies on custom from your local area.
· Smart content. Content remains a big part of any successful marketing campaign. However, this doesn’t just mean blogging. Downloadable eBooks and guides can attract more people to your site, and whitepapers are also popular.
· Cohesive campaigns. Marketing strategy should be about the bigger picture, and shouldn’t be a series of distinct marketing campaigns. All your efforts should link – for example, social media sites can be used to drive people towards a specific landing page, which can then be used to reinforce a message previously released in a newsletter.
· Personalisation. Consumers expect to see a certain level of personalisation these days; such as tailored emails, links to products that are relevant to them, and articles designed to appeal to them personally. Think about how you can give your business marketing the personal touch for 2019.
Marketing Strategists in County Durham
If you’re looking for help with your marketing strategy in the New Year, talk to the Shark Bait Studios team. Our specialist areas include developing marketing campaigns, designing marketing material, creating mobile-responsive sites and more. To get in touch, simply call us on 01748 900321 today.