What Questions Should You Ask Your Website Designer?
Are you investing in a new website? If so, you’ll want to make sure you get it right. In the 21st century, your website can make or break your business – and if it’s conveying the wrong message, it could lose you customers.
There are many website designers in the UK; each with their own specialisms and approaches. It’s important to find the right company for your particular needs – but how do you go about it?
Asking the Right Questions
In order to find a suitable website designer, it’s important to ask the right questions. After all, this is a serious investment, and it needs to be right first time!
Here’s just a few of the things you should be asking your website designer.
1. Do you ‘get’ my business? In order to produce a great site, your web designer should understand what you want to achieve from it. Before committing, take the time to chat through your goals with your web designer – explaining who you’re trying to target and what level of results you want. A good designer will take the time to gain insight into your company, and develop a suitable plan of action based on the information you’ve provided.
2. What’s included? A website is made up of many different parts. In addition to the design itself, there’s also content (photos, words, video etc.), hosting, management and SEO. Some website designers literally only offer the design of the actual site itself. Others include everything in the price. Find out exactly what’s included – so you can budget accordingly.
3. How much control will I have? Generally speaking, it’s advisable to use a content management system (CMS) – which gives you control of your own site. This means you can update, remove or add content whenever you want, without being reliant on your web designer. Not all sites use a CMS, and it’s worthwhile checking what you’re getting.
4. What are your credentials? A good website designer will always be happy to share their portfolio of work with you. They’ll also show you reviews and feedback that they’ve received, and if you want, they’ll also put you in touch with past customers, so you can hear about their experiences. If your designer is reluctant to do this, alarm bells should start ringing.
5. What ongoing support is there? You should feel confident that your website will continue to function fantastically, years into the future. A good website designer will always be at the other end of the phone – ready to help out if required. They’ll automatically back up your website, so if the worst happens, you can get back online as quickly as possible. Ask what support is available – and ensure that your designer is there if you need them!
Web Designers in North Yorkshire
If you’re thinking of getting a new website for your business, talk to the Shark Bait Studios today. We specialise in helping companies with their online presence, and will make sure that your site is tailored to boost your business and attract more clients. To find out more, simply call 01748 900321.