The Most Effective Content to Put on Your Website
Fresh content is important for your website – both in terms of pleasing your target audience, and satisfying the search engines. However, your new content needn’t just be limited to weekly blogs. There are plenty of other forms of content to use on your site, and broadening your horizons can reap serious rewards.
Great Content to Add to Your Site
- Video content. Video content can be used in a number of ways on your site. It can be used to explain your products and services, to share testimonials, or to promote an event. Admittedly, some forms of video are expensive, but animated video content is surprisingly affordable. Best of all, it can be repurposed, which maximises your return on investment.
- Worried your blog is looking a bit dense in terms of text? An infographic provides a welcome visual break and makes information far easier to access. Often, infographics get shared far more often on social media too, which is an added bonus.
- Whitepapers / guides. Free downloadable content is often well received. They establish your company as an authority voice in the industry, which in turn, can lead to an increase in sales. However, it’s imperative to make sure all content is written well, as poorly written guides will only serve to dent your reputation.
- Galleries are a great addition to your site, particularly if you rely on visual images to sell your products. It’s not just creative industries that can benefit from having a gallery – even if you sell spark plugs, you can still share photos of your team, plus any important updates or local events you’ve taken part in.
- Case studies. Want to build trust in your brand? Include a case study or two! Comprehensive case studies demonstrate how your company operates, and provide reassurance that you’ve achieved results in the past.
- Assert yourself as an expert in your field by hosting regular webinars via your website. This also allows customers to get to know you, which generates more trust.
- Podcasts are a great alternative to blogging, particularly if you’ve got something interesting to share with your listeners! Whether it’s narrating stories, sharing news or explaining how to use a certain product, they’re generally well liked.
- Let’s face it, everyone loves a freebie – and your target audience are no different. Think about what you can offer them when they visit your website. It could be a complimentary trial of your products or services, or a free consultation with one of your team. Even a free eBook can attract people to your site.
Web Designers in North Yorkshire
If you’d like to find out more about generating new, exciting content for your site, talk to the Shark Bait Studios team. We specialise in content creation of all kinds; from animated videos and galleries to blogging and creating content for guides. If you’d like to find out more about our services, simply get in touch by calling 01748 900321 today.