The Key Aspects of a Successful Small Business Website
If you’re running a SME, you’ll know how important it is to have a good website. This is especially the case if most of your business is done online. When working with a web designer, you’ll need to know what you want your site to achieve – and have a few ideas about how to make it happen.
If you’re about to get a new website designed, and want to ensure it operates to optimum levels for you, here’s some key aspects it needs to have.
The Key Components of a Great Small Business Website
· Great branding. Want your website to be remembered by your customers? If so, you’ll need to work on branding. The overall colour-scheme should represent who you are and resonate with your target audience. Likewise, your logo should be strong and high-impact. If you’re not sure how to achieve this, browse the internet, find websites that work, and look at how they approach their branding.
· Instant accessibility. Don’t force your customers to spend ages seeking out relevant information. Make sure that your home page indicates exactly what you do, as soon as the user enters your site. You also need clear navigation bars, menus and tabs to guide your customers to where they want to go.
· CTAs and contact. Now is not the time to be shy. Your customer has arrived at your site, which means (presumably) they’re thinking of buying your services or products. Encourage them to do so by using regular CTAs (calls to action) – showing them how and where to buy. Provide contact details as often as possible – again, it’s all about making their life as easy as possible.
· Get the tone right. Your website’s ‘voice’ should reflect the nature of your business. For example, if you’re offering high-end legal services for large corporations, you should adopt a professional, crisp, concise tone. If you offer washing machine repair services in your local area, it should be more friendly, reliable and approachable. Think about your target audience, and what they expect.
· Fully responsive. Don’t underestimate how many people browse online via their smartphones and tablets these days. It’s a huge number. It goes without saying that your web designer should create a site that’s fully functional on all devices – otherwise you risk losing a large percentage of your sales.
· Eye-catching images. Everything about your website should be designed to appeal to your target market. If you’re selling products, make sure you use professional images (photos you’ve taken yourself will instantly make your business seem amateurish!). Stock images can be effective for other pages on your site – but choose wisely, as some can look a bit impersonal.
· Don’t clutter. Cluttered web pages are overwhelming for browsers. Keep your layout clear and concise, and don’t squeeze too much information on one page. Likewise, when including written content, make sure it doesn’t ramble on for page. No-one wants to read an essay!
Web Design Services in County Durham
If you’re an SME and you’re looking for web designers in County Durham (or any other part of the world, for that matter!) get in touch with Shark Bait Studios today. We’re a team of expert web designers, developers, graphic designers, marketing pros and copywriters, and we’re here to take your online presence to the next level.
To find out more, simply get in touch by calling us at 01748 900321.