10 Ways to Improve Your Online Sales
Have you recently checked how many sales are coming via your website? In an ideal world, your site should be hard at work, 24/7, to generate revenue and increase brand awareness. However, in today’s busy business world, it’s hard to keep tabs on results, which often means websites are neglected.
If you’re keen to make your website a sales powerhouse, here’s how.
10 Ways to Boost Website Sales
1. Sort out the homepage. In most instances, your home page is the first place your customers will land, so it needs to look great. If it looks cluttered, dated or confusing, it’ll only put people off. Your home page should be dressed to impress, with great images, snappy content and an easy-to-read layout.
2. Write compelling product descriptions. Customers visit your site because they want to buy, you just need to give them a reason to do so. Your product descriptions can help with this. They should be concise, informative, but also appealing. Sell your USPs to the max.
3. Get great photos. A great image is a powerful thing. Investing in professional product photos is likely to pay off in the long-term.
4. Make it easy to buy. Your customer shouldn’t be confused when it comes to purchasing. Make their route to the check-out as easy as possible, with clear call-to-action buttons. Also, keep the check-out process simple, or risk irritating people.
5. Don’t be too salesy. Using too much hard sales copy comes across as pushy (and even desperate in some cases). Keep it professional, smooth and informative.
6. Advertise your wares. Social media is a great place to bring traffic to your website. A few carefully placed posts about a new product or service is likely to generate interest. Make sure you don’t post too frequently though – too many sales-related posts can annoy social media followers.
7. Sales pages. Customers love to feel like they’re getting a bargain, and sales pages are often the most frequently visited on a site. Keep the content fresh to ensure people keep returning to check out what’s new.
8. Blog posts. Your blog is a golden opportunity to talk about your products – highlighting why they’re so great and how they’ll change your customers’ lives for the better. It’ll also improve SEO too, so it’s worthwhile investing time into it.
9. Encourage contact. Sometimes, customers have queries. Make it easy for them to get in touch with you, either via email, telephone or even live chat. This also helps to build trust.
10. Give them something for free. Customers like freebies, and these can really encourage impulse purchases. Offer something for free for orders over a certain amount, or include free postage and packaging.
Shark Bait Studios – Web Designers in County Durham
If you want your website to start working harder for your company, talk to Shark Bait Studios. We’re a team of designers, developers, copywriters and marketing pros, and we’ll help you take your site to the next level.
To find out more about our services, simply call 01748 900321.